Ingrown Toenails Treatment Adelaide
If you’ve ever had an ingrown toenail, you’ll know just how painful they can be. If wearing shoes, walking or even putting on clothes causes you to wince in pain, you know it is time to call the trusted podiatrists at Brighton Road Podiatry.
What is an Ingrown Toenail?
Ingrown toenails occur when the edge of your toenail starts growing into the skin instead of sliding above it. At first this might feel just a tad uncomfortable, but over time the nail penetrates deeper into the skin, resulting in inflammation, pain and infection. Ingrown toenails occur for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Trauma to the nail, such as stubbing your toe
- Tight footwear, causing the toe to be squashed
- Incorrect nail care, such as shaping nails too short or picking at the corners
- A predisposition to ingrown nails due to biomechanics
Podiatry Treatment for Ingrown Toenails
No matter how it got there, it’s our job to get your toenail back to full health. For some patients, proper nail shaping and good footwear choices will be enough to avoid ingrown toenails. However, for those with chronic ingrown toenails, surgery is the best option for long-term freedom from pain.
Depending on the severity of your ingrown toenail, we will either recommend:
Onyfix nail correction is a professional, pain-free solution for involuted or ingrown toenails.
Partial Nail Avulsion
Removing 1-2mm of the ingrown nail on the affected side of the toe
Total Nail Avulsion
Removing the whole toenail if ingrown nails occur on both sides
Have a Question?
Send us a message and we’ll be in touch with you right away.
What happens during toenail surgery?
Sure, it sounds a little daunting, but rest assured your toenail surgery is carried out in our comfortable and modern clinic by our fully qualified podiatrists.
- The podiatrist will administer a local anaesthetic.
- Once the anaesthetic has kicked in, our podiatrist will carefully cut and remove the toenail.
- A treatment is applied to the nail bed to stop the nail regrowing.
- The toe is cleaned and bandaged, and we discuss post-operative care.
Within an hour you’ll be free from reoccurring ingrown toenails for life, so it’s certainly worth making an appointment with Brighton Road Podiatry today. We are conveniently located in Brighton, about 25 minutes drive from the centre of Adelaide.
BOOK A CONSULTATION
Call today or book on-line and take your first step towards feeling great again! 08 8298 4166