Brighton Road Podiatry is a member of the Australian Podiatry Association (ApodA) and complies with all policy and practices of the ApodA.
Our Podiatrists have a professional and legal responsibility to:
- Keep as confidential the information they collect and record about patients
- Retain, transfer, dispose of, correct and provide access to clinical records in accordance with the requirements of the laws of the relevant states, territories and the Commonwealth.
- Practitioners must be familiar with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 as well as their state or territory privacy and health records legislation, including the provisions that govern the retention of health records and the retention of records relating to children and youth under 18 years of age.
- Third party access is subject to the provisions of the relevant privacy and health records legislation.
- Practitioners must assist patients to make well-informed decisions about treatment procedures and not impose treatment on patients.
Your privacy is critical to us. The following details how we will manage your information and your privacy. We are committed to managing our practice in accordance with the above principles to maintain the privacy of the patient.