Contributing factors of achilles tendonitis include:
- Overuse of the muscles and Achilles tendon
- Repetitive movements, such as running or jumping
- Hard training surfaces, such as pavements
- Poor footwear
- Foot biomechanics, such as flat foot or a high arch
Assessing and treating any underlying causes of your tendonitis is the key towards long term tendon health. Our podiatrist’s will recommend a treatment plan to ensure effective healing of the tendon and address of the root cause of the tendonitis.
There are many proven therapies for Achilles tendonitis such as:
- Strapping and footwear advice
- A stretch and strengthen regime
- Shockwave therapy
- Dry needling
- In rare cases, surgery
Early intervention is keyThe damage to your tendons has happened for a reason – and it’s our job to assess and treat it quickly. Early intervention ensures further damage and micro-tears are avoided, and that scar tissue is managed effectively. Our Brighton Road Podiatry team are highly experienced at treating tendonitis. Help is just a call away.
Have a Question?
Send us a message and we'll be in touch with you right away.